Wednesday 21 March 2018

Two Long Stemmed Rose Cards...


Happy to finish my Twofer Cards today for Challenge #3 of the Twofer Card Challenge.... Blossoms. 
I don't think I've made a card with this old rosebud stamp before, so I've really challenged myself with the purple one, inspired by the talented DT to think outside the box .... can you see the rosebuds stamped in a circle, I added the stems before I fussy cut them and also the leaves are part of the bud.  I used Distress Oxides to watercolour them and the background panel is a sheet from a freebie bundle with a magazine. I used some purple card to frame it and a darker purple card, finished with a stamped sentiment and die cut. I kind of like my crazy bright flowers.

This yellow card is pretty self explanatory... stamped the rose stem three times and coloured them with Distress Inks and trimmed the white card down, then layered it with a black frame.... I did the same black with the background panel which I made on glossy card and Brushos and Perfect Pearls mist.... finished with a stamped and trimmed sentiment.  This card could be used for a number of occasions... but I think I'll add... On Your Birthday, inside.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day



5 comments:

  1. Wow! It took me a while to realize that the bigger blossoms were in fact made with the same rose stamp. And, they are so beautifully done and in such wonderful colors. And, the yellow roses are fantastic too. Both of the cards you made are so gorgeous! Thanks for joining in on the Twofer Challenge #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed that you worked this magic with a wooden stamp, Robyn! Very clever to make big and beautiful blossoms with that tulip bud! Both designs are so pretty and I love the colors! The fantastic matting and layering of the panels adds extra interest and dimension!! Thank you so much for playing along in Twofer Card Challenge #3! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bouquet of yellow roses is so pretty with that gorgeous background you created! And the flowers and leaves you created with the rose bud are fabulous! What a great idea!
    Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever how you've used your rosebud stamp Robyn. Not only by using it one way to create the multi-petaled flowers, but using it upside down as well. Both cards are lovely with the beautifully coloured backgrounds. Thanks for playing with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn